Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Firefox 3 released, among other things !!!!

Have been inactive for the last couple of days, time to kick start with some new stuff!!

For starters, Firefox 3 has been released, so thats a pretty good news! Coz I already was using the beta version which was pretty stable from my standpoint yet its always better to switch to a stable release lest any bugs crash my session in the middle of some important work. My biggest grievance with the earlier version so far is that, with multiple tabs open, firefox tends to be a resource hog. Also the usual javascript gimmicks tend to get slow as well. So I desperately wish there is some marked improvement with the new release. One of the guys from the web dev team at the place I work, was praising the efficacy and the speed of the latest rendering engine of the latest offering, well I think there was hardly any doubt regarding the superiority of the rendering engine of FF vs IE.

I think efforts like Firefox epitomize the open-source code revolution. Its a great competitor for stalwarts like MS-IE, coz it constantly keeps the giant on its toes all the while improving the product at a professional scale ....

The add-ons for firefox are quite impressive and handy tools as well. I have been using quite a lot of them, notable among them being
  • Web Developer
  • Deja Click
  • Table tools
  • DashBlog
  • Download Statusbar
and my recent favorite
  • Piclens!!!! --> Amazing visual experience, here's an actual snapshot of how it appears ....




Some good sites
Here's a list of good sites I recently came across, some of it is pretty well known still someone might stumble upon my blog and this might turnout to be useful ....

No comments: